The Student News Site of Natrona County High School

The Gusher

• NOV 18: Football Ball 7pm @ NCHS Commons
  • NOV 14, 16, and 18 at 7pm and 18 at 2pm: Fall Musical Guys and Dolls @ NCHS Auditorium

The Gusher

The Gusher

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tis the Season: Holiday Drinks Arrive on the Menu at Popular Coffee Shops

Austyn Bunton
Of the many options to choose from I choose the Candy Cane Frappé. I really like peppermint and I wanted to see if they could make a good frap. And they blew me out of the water with what they made.

It’s that time of the year again. We have our holiday drinks back into the Christmas spirit.  But did you know that Casper’s local coffee shops have their special holidays drinks? Metro and Buckin Brew have their holiday drinks for the time of year.  For most of us we enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning.  Shelby Heidebauer, a junior, how she felt about coffee. She said “I love coffee, I drink it every single day.”

BUCKIN BREW

Many NC students regard Buckin Brew as the best option for a drive through coffee drink. It’s located at 1100 W Collins Dr Casper WY, 82601, just a few short blocks from NC.  The workers talk to you and ask how is your day and how are you doing.  The drinks they have is Deck the halls, Mint Java chip, Candy Cane, Grizwald Family Chai, You’re A Mean One, Mr Snow, Olaf, Christmas Crack Cold Foam, Scrooge, Fat Santa, Naughty List, Polar Express, Grinohmas, Ice Queen. The best thing about Buckin Brew is that the workers are very friendly and sweet to their customers. Also they make their drinks really fast. Go to instagram and their username is @buckinbrewespresso.  When I went to Buckin Brew to get my drink the service was amazing. The people were so nice. The drink I tried at Buckin Brew is the Candy Cane. It’s a vanilla and peppermint drink. I really liked it. The peppermint was so strong which made me like it even more. The peppermint is the main point of the drink. It makes it a good Christmas drink. I enjoyed it and now it’s one of my favorite Christmas drinks.  What they can work on is to have more Christmas decorations on the drinks.

METRO

For students looking to make a short walk for some good coffee, Metro is a perennial favorite. According to Google, it’s only 0.6 miles from the front entrance of NC, making it a quick visit for students who need a quick pick me up. The environment that it is like in Metro is like you can walk there. You can get your drink then take a seat. The customer service is good but they can take a little long. When they are busy they won’t get to you right away. Metro is at 241 S David St, Casper WY 82601. The holiday drinks that are on the menu are Nutcracker, Eggnog Latte, Jack Skellington, Christmas tea O’ Christmas tea, The Frosty, Berry Christmas. The best thing about Metro is that you can sit in the cozy chairs they have. Also the chairs are very comfortable and you can have meetings there too. The link you can look for Metro is metrocoffeecompany.net.  When I went to the metro it was a nice experience. The service was great and the people were very friendly. Their Berry Christmas  drink was very good. The raspberries and blueberries really popped out. 

What I have learned from trying these local businesses is that they have great holiday drinks. That they can bring Christmas for people and enjoy their holiday drinks. The local businesses have good holiday drinks and you should go and try them.