The Student News Site of Natrona County High School

The Gusher

• NOV 18: Football Ball 7pm @ NCHS Commons
  • NOV 14, 16, and 18 at 7pm and 18 at 2pm: Fall Musical Guys and Dolls @ NCHS Auditorium

The Gusher

The Gusher

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Upcoming Fall Musical

Students practice performing “A Bushel and a Peck” while being led by Zakira Draper on October 26th, 2023. When asked what was her favorite part of the play, Draper responded, “All of us dancing, especially Havana. I’m not in Havana, but that’s one of my favorite parts.”

Want love, crime, and the musical theater? Look no further than the upcoming fall musical, Guys and Dolls. This classic production follows two gangsters in the year 1939 and the women in their lives. It starts when Sarah Brown, a beautiful woman on a mission to save the souls of sinners, gets sucked into a bet with a smooth talking gangster, Sky Masterson. Their bet is exploited by Sky’s friend Nathan Detroit, who uses it to secretly finance his own crimes. This musical, based on a book by Jo Swerling, with music by Frank Loesser, may have been written in 1950, but it’s proven to be a timeless classic and must-see event. 

“Usually we do our musical at the end of the year. We have our play and then our musical, but this year we’re doing it reversed,” said sophomore cast member Orion Tinoco. For you musical theater fans out there, that means you won’t have to wait until spring to get your theatrical fill. Thanks to the hard work of everyone in the music and theater departments, the smooth sound of jazz will be there to elevate your fall season. 

The three hour long production will be performed in the John F. Welsh Auditorium November 14-17 at 7pm and on the 18th at 2pm. There is no charge for admittance.

Said best by one of the leading actresses Zakira Draper, “Be prepared to laugh.”