The Student News Site of Natrona County High School

The Gusher

• NOV 18: Football Ball 7pm @ NCHS Commons
  • NOV 14, 16, and 18 at 7pm and 18 at 2pm: Fall Musical Guys and Dolls @ NCHS Auditorium

The Gusher

The Gusher

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Casper Youth for Christ Offers Lunch to Students

Volunteer+Cody+Wagner+%28far+left%29+for+Casper+Youth+for+Christ+led+students+in+prayer%2C+during+1st+lunch.+Youth+for+Christ+meets+at+NC+every+Thursday+for+both+lunch+periods%2C+offering+free+food+and+a+chance+to+study+the+Bible.++
Hunter McDaniel
Volunteer Cody Wagner (far left) for Casper Youth for Christ led students in prayer, during 1st lunch. Youth for Christ meets at NC every Thursday for both lunch periods, offering free food and a chance to study the Bible.

The chance to learn more about Jesus and salvation goes best with free food. Casper Youth for Christ meets in the activity offices during both lunch periods every Thursday. They offer a safe place for students to go study the Bible while also enjoying free pizza, snacks, and drinks. 

Cody Wagner, a volunteer for Youth for Christ, has been coming to NC since the beginning of the semester. He leads students in Bible study, prayer, and is passionate about leading the interested youth towards the word of God. “We strive to offer a place where we dive into the gospel and encourage students to grow together as well as growing a deeper relationship with God,” said Wagner. The program is for anyone who wants a positive place to eat lunch and meet other students interested in the Bible. 

“The goal for Youth for Christ is to meet teenagers, specifically middle schoolers and high schoolers, where they are at,” said Wagner. Youth for Christ sends volunteers from local churches to schools, and other places in hope that they will have more diversity in the people they wish to help. They also do several at-risk teen, and homeless teen programs in order to create relationships through Christ. 

People from Gideon International, a group responsible for distributing Bibles, also meet with Youth for Christ at NC. They provide the Bibles students and volunteers read during lunch, and even offer free Bibles for students who don’t have one themselves. 

Sophomore Cormac Erechtel, has been going to the activities room for the Bible study for several months. As a Christian, he is always looking for more opportunities to explore God’s word.  “It’s a comfortable setting and I enjoy learning about the Lord. It’s not always easy but I want to follow God,” said Erechtel.