NCHS students discuss their summer plans

Calla Shosh

NCHS often eat lunch outside. Originally the main entrance to NCHS, the south lawn is now a popular hangout spot for students in warmer weather.As students spend more of their time outdoors, they also spend more time planning their summers.

Calla Shosh, reporter

Temperatures increase as students discuss summer plans. Outside NCHS on the south lawn, students eat lunch. Originally the main entrance to NCHS, the south lawn is now a popular hangout spot for students in warmer weather. With it’s crumbling stone benches, trees, and stone monuments, the mysterious atmosphere is balanced with the brightness of a friendly face. As students spend more of their time outdoors, they also spend more time planning their summers.  

outdoor photo of stone bench with leafless trees
NCHS often eat lunch outside. Originally the main entrance to NCHS, the south lawn is now a popular hangout spot for students in warmer weather.As students spend more of their time outdoors, they also spend more time planning their summers. (Calla Shosh)

Maddison Wright, an NCHS Sophomore said, “I’m gonna do this KeyCamp job at the college where I help with middle school students, and I’m gonna go camping with my family.” Other students also have summer plans. Kaylee Cuzick, an NCHS sophomore, said, “I’m hopefully going to travel to see my family in Oregon.” Adrian Rohrer, who is also a NCHS sophomore, said,  “I’m going to try to get my license and work.” Skylar Larson, an NCHS senior, said that he plans to “do some fishing, play some sports. Maybe when this Coronavirus is over go to some concerts; something like that.”

Orange tulips bloom in gravel
NCHS students discuss summer plans (with some having more plans than others). Regardless of their summer plans (or lack of them) NCHS students look forward to warmer weather. According to the weather channel, on Friday, April 30th, it is supposed to be 83 degrees fahrenheit with a 1% chance of rain. (Calla Shosh)

However, there are some NCHS students who prefer to take things as they come, rather than planning their summer. Krichelle Dolbare, an NCHS Sophomore said, “I don’t really have that many plans. Hopefully I’ll go fishing and go to the lake with my family. I love summer weather. I get to wear shorts, my favorite clothes since I actually despise jeans. I just love summer, I like this weather right now.”

Josh Nichols, an NCHS senior, said, “Summer plans, I don’t really have any. This is hard since I don’t really do anything for summer.” 

Regardless of their summer plans (or lack of them) NCHS students look forward to warmer weather. According to the weather channel, on Friday, April 30th, it is supposed to be 83 degrees fahrenheit with a 1% chance of rain. This weather encourages outdoor activities and NCHS students are recommended to take advantage of it.