NC students rally together at parade and coronation

Students celebrate their Homecoming King and Queen

Phillip maes, reporter

The 2019 Homecoming week was an eventful week for the Mustangs and Fillies. Friday September 27, 2019 was parade and coronation day. NC classes were only 39 minutes long in order to accommodate the parade and coronation. This was a little difficult for teachers because many were unsure of what to do with only 39 minutes. Most teachers either did half a lesson plan that they would finish the next Friday or just did something small. 

Another issue was that there were no bells so teachers were responsible for letting their students out at unusual times. Many students were confused and frustrated at lunch being shorter. However, all of these challenges were worth the fun events celebrating 2019 Homecoming.

The parade was planned to be outside, but due to weather, it took place indoors. The parade was led by the drumline directed by Mr. Weis. The parade allowed a lot of clubs and activities to be in the spotlight. 

The parade and coronation featured loud music and lots of orange and black. These events got students in the school spirit and got them excited for the game. 

The coronation began with the national anthem sung by the NC choir directed by Mr. Grussendorf and the presentation of the colors by the JROTC. The Homecoming court was then announced by Mr. Dresang:

4th attendants: Kelly Lembeck & Mason Henry

3rd attendants: Peyton Hatcher and Nick Frimml

2nd attendants: Madyson Willis & Dante Wallace

1st attendants: Elena Garcia & Cooper Quig 

Queen and King: Jillian Wallace & Gabe DeGraeve 

The point of Homecoming week is to get students in the spirit, but it did way more than that; it gave kids a chance to be a part of something. It took weeks to prepare for the parade coronation, the game and the dance. All students and staff that participated did a great job making the week fun for all of NC. Many students and staff took time out of school to make sure that all the events ran smoothly.

Homecoming events such as the parade and the coronation gave the students feeling of happiness and school spirit they may not have had before.

NC Homecoming parade. NC marching band lead by Mr.Weis in the parade before the coronation.