The Student News Site of Natrona County High School

The Gusher

• NOV 18: Football Ball 7pm @ NCHS Commons
  • NOV 14, 16, and 18 at 7pm and 18 at 2pm: Fall Musical Guys and Dolls @ NCHS Auditorium

The Gusher

The Gusher

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tennis Season Recap

Madeline Elston
GUYS ONLY The tennis varsity boys team takes a picture in the rain. “The grind never stops” said Jerome Newmiller (Second from the right).

This tennis season our Mustangs placed 14th with a total of 4 points only half a point away from Green River. 

The boys team this year had strong singles players with newer players playing doubles. None of the boys doubles teams made it past the first round of consolation. There will be quite a few returning Mustangs making for a strong team. 

The girls team did slightly better in 9th place 1.5 points away from the Jackson team. 

Our Fillies did well with almost all the teams making it into the second and third rounds of state. The Fillies tennis team will have many open spots. Motivated individuals are needed to help make this team better, giving both teams a chance at state. 

This season, first time player Broc Anderson set out to, “…make first doubles and to have fun and make friends.” Anderson achieved his goals, giving him the experience needed so that later in life he will be able to “…make better friendships, stronger connections, and stay active.” Anderson became passionate about tennis and was able to bond easily with the other players thanks to having a goal. Broc found comradery and long lasting relationships with other members on the team. 

Anderson will not soon forget senior Judah Shade. “He was super active, super in everything and super energetic,” said Anderson. His favorite memory with Shade was when Shade “… was playing and he was squatting [with] his racket.” This year was successful for forging new friendships and improving overall game play. 

His improved net play can be contributed to his trusty doubles partner Jerome Neumiller. Neumiller was Broc’s favorite doubles partner this season especially after scraping a win together.