NC students and staff broadcast football games live

Emily Conaway-Walters, writer

Due to the Covid orders in place right now, outside gatherings of more than two hundred and fifty people are not allowed. That means this school year Natrona County High School can not have our stands full of cheering fans. For each game, there will be a limited amount of tickets sold. This raises the question of how the rest of the school is supposed to see the game? 

NCHS teachers Lance Madzey, the film teacher, and Brent Jurgensen, the ninth grade history teacher, have taken action and decided to live stream all of the football games for the students and parents who weren’t able to get tickets. According to Madzey, “They started streaming the games live last year after Townsquare media stopped broadcasting the high school games live on the radio.” 

Overall there are 6 people who help make the live stream happen: Ali Crossen and Garret Grochowski, the technical directors; Taylor Mostello, Leighton Kidder, Marcus Sandford and Lance Madzey are the filmmakers. Jurgensen does the commentary. 

The football games are live on youtube as they happen. The archived games are on NCTV’s youtube channel (GoNctv.com). They are filming the gaming using a camera setup, and OBS software.

The people behind the camera and radio:                 Leighton Kidder, Zachary Nagy, Tanner Ewalt, Mr. Madzey, and Mr. Jurgensen take a selfie just before they live stream Natrona County High School” football game. Laramie faced off Natrona County on September 12, 2020. Natrona went on to beat the Plainsmen.