NC Welcomes New Teachers and Staff Members for the 2019-20 School Year

BrandaLynn Hottell, Reporter

Many new teachers started at NCHS this school year. Some have worked in the Natrona County School District before and others are from out of state. How are these teachers adapting to their new settings? 

Mr. Kyle Newman is a sophomore English teacher and is one of the many new teachers to join the school this year. Newman was asked about his experience of moving to NC from Montana. Newman said that he likes the facility, but it’s new and something he’s still getting used to. While talking about the students at the school, he said, “…the kids, although they are very talkative, the vast majority have a really good outlook on improving, self-improvement…” and the staff he said are very close. He also pointed out the reason he thought that so many people left last year was not because of the bad working conditions but because for many teachers moving is part of the job.

Mr. Jimenez (Paul Jimenez) has been working as a teacher for twenty three years and returned to teach at NC from Dean Morgan this year. Jimenez is an English as a Second Language teacher who helps students of all grades whose native language may not be English. He had worked here before the renovation and talked about how it’s new for him and sometimes hard to find his way around. Jimenez said “… it’s a great opportunity and I’m glad I took it. The staff is amazing to work with. I love the building, I have no complaints…” 

Brandi Ramage, a new counselor at NC, has been in the Natrona Country school district for twelve years. Ramage works with 10th-12th graders A-Ge. This is her first time in a high school and Ramage said that the building is beautiful. Ramage described her other staff members with words such “supportive,” “welcoming” and “knowledgeable.” So far Ramage  is loving being at NCHS and plans on staying here until she retires. 

Other new teachers include: Megan Barton (FFA/Agriculture), Maci Evans (Art), Bridgett Gwilliam (Spanish), Greg Aitkenhead (English), Cassie Wyatt (English), Brianna Young (English), Jeanine Pickering (Math), Andrea Daniell (Special Education), Mary Ohnemus (Special Education), Kayci Stripling (Special Education), Shaun Swiger (Special Education), Sarah Burger (Science), and Melissa Stone (Nurse).

NCHS has welcomed these new teachers and others this year. These teachers are at NC to impart their knowledge and guidance on the school’s 1748 students.