NCHS graduates 339 on May 30 at Casper Events Center

CONGRATULATIONS%21
Back to Article
Back to Article

CONGRATULATIONS!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Lisa Gray

CONGRATULATIONS!

Lisa Gray

Lisa Gray

CONGRATULATIONS!

On the evening of May 30, 2019, 339 NC seniors arrived at the Casper Events Center at 7:00pm to begin lining up for their graduation ceremony. Decked out in black gowns, orange stoles and decorated hats, graduates marched down the stairs to the music of Mr. Weis’ symphonic band and filled the seats reserved for them in the center of the venue promptly at 7:30. The JROTC, under the direction of LTC Pete Schmotzer and 1SG Mack Riggs, presented the colors and the choir sang “Star Spangled Banner” to begin the evenings events.

Principal Shannon Harris welcomed all in attendance and introduced student body President Anastacia Slack and senior class president Hanna Beran as the evenings emcees. They introduced each event as the evening progressed. Grace DuBay and Isabella Schultz presented their speech “Halls of Natrona County” first. They shared memories of beginning their freshman year under construction and being the first class to graduate from the fully completed, new NCHS. Following their speech, NC’s vocal Jazz, under the direction of Steve Grussendorf, performed the class song “Africa” by Toto. Following the class song, Colter Hiser took to the stage to present his speech, “Finale”. Hiser talked about reaching the end of high school and all the possibilities it opens up for new beginnings. Immediately following Hiser, twins Brayden and Danielle Busch spoke about “Memories”. For them, it was about starting the school journey together and having the opportunity to end that journey as they had begun. The final presentation from students showcased Alex Vincent with her rendition of “To Sir With Love” by Lulu.

Principal Harris then shared numerous accomplishments the class of 2019 had achieved throughout the year. From national honors, state championships, state honors and so much more, the class of 2019 contributed to the Pride in Excellence Natrona is known for. She presented the class as fully reaching all the requirements for graduation and the diplomas were conferred by members of the Board of Trustees. Those members included: Board Chair Rita Walsh, Kevin Christopherson, Angela Coleman, Dana Howie, Raymond Catellier, Clark Jensen and Debbie McCullar. Also in attendance to congratulate the class of 2019 were members of the NCSD #1 Cabinet: Superintendent Steve Hopkin, Verba Echols, Walt Wilcox, Mike Jennings, Steve Ellbogen, Angel Hensley and Charlotte Gilbar.

Valedictorians for the class included: Grace DuBay, Hannah VanTassel, Chandra Frank and Avery Potter. The motto chosen by the class was “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun” from Winnie the Pooh, while the class flower was the orange sunflower.