NC Students show off their creative side at the State Art show

Natrona Mustangs and Fillies put on a great showing at the 2019 Wyoming state art competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Julie Jarrard

Julie Jarrard

Julie Jarrard

Phillip Maes

NC offers a lot of opportunities to its students; one of the opportunities students had this year was the chance to enter the Wyoming State Art show. This show was for all visual arts such as photography and drawing. NC has some of the most creative students who wanted to be able to share their talent with other people from throughout the state. Schools from all around Wyoming attended the 2019 Wyoming State Art show to enter their art in many competitions and critique each other’s work. All different types of art were showcased from sculptures to photos.

The show was an amazing display of students’ hard work. Many students were awarded based upon what category their pieces of art fell under and what they were judging for. The art show opened up a lot of doors for students and teachers; kids could see the work of others and see another perspective of life, and teachers could see new ideas and new techniques they can use in their classes.

In all it was a win for everyone as even if a student didn’t receive an award, it was still an amazing opportunity to have their artwork displayed for others to see. Students had some pretty crazy and unique ideas from sculptures of nuts to self portraits.

Every student involved put their all into it; the only limit was their imagination. Every student took advantage of their creativity, making whatever they wanted. State art competitions are a way for students to show off their creativity and no two masterpieces were the same; everyone had something unique about their works of art.