The Gusher

Mr. Mustang steals the show

It’s that time of year again where the shirts come off for a male beauty pageant.

Explosion+of+talent%3A%0AKade+Stoner+dresses+and+performs+like+Napoleon+Dynamite%2C+outfit+and+all%2C+he+showed+the+crowd+he+was+more+than+just+an+athlete.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Mustang steals the show

Explosion of talent:
Kade Stoner dresses and performs like Napoleon Dynamite, outfit and all, he showed the crowd he was more than just an athlete.

Explosion of talent: Kade Stoner dresses and performs like Napoleon Dynamite, outfit and all, he showed the crowd he was more than just an athlete.

Sophia Wille

Sophia Wille

Sophia Wille

Tali Wagner

Mr. Mustang, every lady’s favorite school production was on April 9th, 2019. Student Council put the show together and the entry fee was given to Make-A-Wish. Mr. Mustang is a male beauty pageant where the competitors have their very own escorts. The events included were the group dance, talent acts, pick-up lines, questions and escort walk.

Katelynn Oden, an NC freshman said, “Rhett Buhler was my favorite act because it was entertaining, most thought out and it was very unique, His magic show definitely had me laughing a bunch. Yahav was the funniest escort out of them all. His wig and outfit added so much to it all.”

Kaleigh Van Wyk, a senior, said one of her favorite acts was, “Jacob Dietz for sure, his ribbon act was hilarious along with the music behind it all. The whole show was pretty funny but his act stood out to me.”

From the hoedown to roller blading, the crowd was in tears laughing. The show was all and all very entertaining and made the crowd full of laughter.

Ashley Morgan, a freshman said, “It was a great and fun way to spend my night, the whole show was good but my favorite act was Chris’s hoedown. It was very entertaining and I enjoyed it a lot. It was definitely a throwback song for me. My favorite part of the show was seeing all the variety of talents all of the contestants chose to show off. It really showed off how different all of them were, it was fun to watch.”

After talent came pick-up lines. The contestants showed the audience their smooth lines with their escorts. Rhett had the crowd in awe during his pick-up line. He asked out his escort, Chloe Chavez.

For the question segment the boys were interviewed by newscasters based off their performances. Griffin Bailey was asked about his poem about ‘Merica.’ One of the questions was, “What would you do if you met Donald Trump.” Bailey continued to say, “Make America great again.”

Finally it was time to crown Mr. Mustang. Chris Finch won Mr. Congenialty and People’s Choice. Jacob Dietz got 3rd runner up, Rhett Buhler got 2nd runner up, Kade Stoner got 1st runner up and finally, Jhett George won Mr. Mustang. His singing and guitar wowed the crowd. Now George can live his life knowing he won Mr. Mustang as he goes on to college.