The Gusher

Mentors provide entertainment at pep assemblies

NC Mentors put on a successful and exciting pep rally for the 2019 Peach Basket

A+radical+game+of+musical+chairs.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A radical game of musical chairs.

A radical game of musical chairs.

A radical game of musical chairs.

A radical game of musical chairs.

Destiny Kathriner

The Peach Basket pep rally took place on February 21, 2019 to wish our Mustangs and Fillies luck here at NC. Like any respectful pep rally, it started off with the Star Spangled Banner. After that the starting entertainment were the cheerleaders. Not only did they go along with the music easily, but the audience was exceptionally pleased with the fact that the song they chose was “Bohemian rhapsody” by Queen.

After their performance, NC’s dance team (The NC Dance Company) presented a routine to the hit theme song off of  “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” an old show featuring Will Smith in his younger years. Before the next performance started, the spirit jug was unleashed upon the crowd, making everyone that it passed by scream their support.

Next NC’s drumline ran onto the court and made two lines. They wore all black with light up glasses and glow sticks. The drummers set up their performance very silently, carrying drumsticks, cymbals, bass drums, and all the other necessities. The lights fell and all was quiet  for a moment. Then the silence was broken by the tap off of the drum sergeant that started their performance. There were cheers from the audience all around the gym and not only were all the students and teachers excited, but the drummers themselves looked as if this was what they’ve been waiting for forever. The audience had thought the best part had already started, but then one of the guys took off running, then another, then another. The members of the drumline continually traded places, taking over one another’s drums, sprinting at what seemed a random pattern. Until all of a sudden, it was silent once again.

While the applause was sounding, the drumline walked off the “stage” in straight lines as they had walked on. After the lights had turned back on, an enemy entered the gym; Junior, Chris Finch, dressed in all green and wielding a shield and sword came in and ran laps around our beloved NC team. The team dispersed and chased Finch down until one caught him, picked him up, carried him to the center of the gym, and proceeded to put him in a trash can. “Trojan Trash” was heard throughout the stands.

Once the laughter subsided, They had set up a life-sized game of Hungry Hungry Hippo. Teams of either basketball players or teachers were assigned and one team member would lie on their belly on a scooter and other team member held onto their ankles pushing them back and forth. Whichever team “ate the most food” won the game. The winning team was Mrs. Vondra and Mr. Washington. Many shouts of encouragement and “Woo-hoo”’s were passed through the gym and many stood up to applaud the victors.

Then came the game of musical chairs featuring many of NC’s “favorite” teachers; although, everyone has their own thoughts on the best teachers. Round and round they want until it was Kristina Vondra and Carson Johnson head to head. After teasing and taunting each other for a few minutes, Johnson, finally snatched the seat and parked himself right down in it, winning the match. The assembly ended with students singing along to the school song played by the band.