Former President Donald Trump Coming to Casper

The Wyoming and U.S. flags fly on the flagpole outside Natrona County High School in Casper, WY. Trump’s rally will provide an interesting glimpse into the intersection of state and national politics as Liz Cheney, who voted to impeach Trump, runs against Harriet Hageman, who enjoys Trump’s support.

Taylor Stalkup, Reporter

Donald Trump is coming to town May 28 at the Casper Event Center (Ford Wyoming Center). Open parking starts at 6AM, doors will be open at 11AM, and the speech starts at 4PM. The event is intended to offer support for Harriet Hageman, who is challenging Rep. Liz Cheney. After the protests at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, Cheney voted to impeach Trump. This caused the Wyoming Republican Party to censure Cheney and then vote to no longer recognize her as a member of the party.

The event is free to get in, as long as you have RSVP tickets on Donald Trump’s website. More information about the event will be presented the sooner the date comes.  

Kyla McCrimmon, an NCHS senior, gave her input on the upcoming event. “I think it’s good that he’s standing up for himself, but I also think that it can’t change what she did. I feel like to me, that it is kind of pointless just because it is what it is, you know?” McCrimmon is not planning on attending the rally.

Those who plan on coming to the event should be prepared to get to the Ford Wyoming Center building early, and get a good parking spot since the rally coincides with local high school graduation events that weekend.