An Overview of NC’s Production of “The Little Mermaid”

BrandaLynn Hottell, Reporter

NC’s production of The Little Mermaid was on the 6th, 7th and 8th of May. With Zach Schneider as Director and Steve Grussendorf as Vocal Director and Pit Conductor, they put together the show with Bryce Ledbetter as Technical Director and Giuliana Engelman as Stage Manager. Jessica Cowen plays the lead, the one and only Ariel. She’s a senior who has played the lead in multiple other productions. This production was shown online on the 13th, 14th and 15th of May. The tickets were sold online, seats had to be reserved in advance and masks had to be worn.

This action packed musical was loaded with talented students and beautiful singing voices. Although the story remained the same, the action was incredible. Will Fittje as the chef brought the house down with laughter when he sang “Les Poissons” and noticed the escaping little crab. As Sebastian, E’Mya Draper worked hard to bring Prince Eric and Ariel together. Running, or scuttling around, Sebastian brought wonderful humor and beautiful music to the stage. AND URSULA, was terrifyingly talented, played by Ana Zettl while fighting with her brother King Triton (played by her real brother Kolby Zettl). The costumes, backdrops and stage management were all impeccable and brought the audience to their feet at the end of the play. People were glad that a live performance would be taking place and the house was as full as allowed each night.

Other cast members include: Brynley LaChance as Flounder, Lily Avila as Scuttle, Tyler Cooper as Prince Erik, King Triton as Kolbe Zettl, Ursula as Anastasia Zettl, Grimsby as Kelby Eisenman, Sebatian as E’Mya Draper, Flotsam Hebdon as Keyara, Jetsam as Abigail Disburg, Chef Louis as William Fittjie.

The Mersisters are Tristen Dort, Zoe Grange, Sarah May, Briley Mills, Elaina Stirling and Eralys Wallace.

The Ensemble:  Cassidy Baeke, Tanner Bower, Cadence Brown, Zakira Draper, Will Fittje, Madie Grinstead, Logann Jones, Zoey Pickett, Jeremy Snyder, Xiah Steffen, Vivian Steiner, Ashiss Taylor, Marquis Taggart, Alexis Worthen and Nathan Underhill.

The choreographer was Amandie Campbell.